• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IA Lemon Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smack_13

What is the name of your state? Iowa
I recently purchased a used pickup truck from a car dealer. One of the mom and pop types and have only had the truck for about 3 weeks, haven't even made a payment yet and the engine blew up in it. Do I have any recourse? The dealer said he would put a used engine in it for me but it will cost me like $700 to do it. I will also be without a vehicle until I receive the truck back. Do the lemon laws cover me or do they only cover new vehicles? The truck can with an as-is warranty but how could you not notice somnething was amiss with the engine during the inspection process? or are dealers not required to do inspections before they resell a vehicle? Please help.

O

Okay

smack_13 said:
I recently purchased a used pickup truck from a car dealer. One of the mom and pop types and have only had the truck for about 3 weeks, haven't even made a payment yet and the engine blew up in it. Do I have any recourse? The dealer said he would put a used engine in it for me but it will cost me like $700 to do it. I will also be without a vehicle until I receive the truck back. Do the lemon laws cover me or do they only cover new vehicles? The truck can with an as-is warranty but how could you not notice somnething was amiss with the engine during the inspection process? or are dealers not required to do inspections before they resell a vehicle? Please help.

Take the corn out of your ass and use "Google". Should I tell you what to type to find your answer?

IAAL

Happy Trails

smack_13 said:
You bought the vehicle "as is".

You should have brought it to your mechanic to have it inspected prior to purchase and then you would have known of the problem.

Dealers are in the business to sell a vehicle and make money, they will tell you a lot of things to get you to buy a vehicle.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Sounds like a pretty good deal on a replacement motor though; if you feel like trusting this guy again. (Maybe he'll give you some sort of warranty on the used motor.)

smack_13

Happy Trails - thanks for the info. i didn't figure i had much chance of getting help but thought i would look on here and see what i could find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

taxpayer

Shell apologize when you grow up into a MAN****************************...never gonna happen bubba shes too hot

stephenk

what was the cause of the engine failure? that might give you a clue as to whether the failure was something the dealer could have known was going to happen or prevent.

smack_13

what did i do?

Why was my post edited? I did nothing wrong but ask a question and some stupid piece of crap told me to take the corn out of my ass and my post gets edited but not theres? What gives? People are cussing like sailors and insulting other peopla dn only my post gets edited? maybe you all should look around and edit more than just myself.

Not really sure what the engine problem is yet. I will post a reply as soon as i know. I do know that it was knocking badly since i got it. it didn't knock when i took it out for a test drive though or atleast i didn't notice it.

Happy Trails

smack_13 said:
Why was my post edited? I did nothing wrong but ask a question and some stupid piece of crap told me to take the corn out of my ass and my post gets edited but not theres? What gives? People are cussing like sailors and insulting other peopla dn only my post gets edited? maybe you all should look around and edit more than just myself.
Not really sure what the engine problem is yet. I will post a reply as soon as i know. I do know that it was knocking badly since i got it. it didn't knock when i took it out for a test drive though or atleast i didn't notice it.
I don't know why it shows your post was edited. I don't think that there was anything that you wrote that was out of line. So don't worry about it.

Sorry about the bad behavior on your thread. I'd like to blame it on a full moon, but that doesn't happen until next Saturday. :D

T

Trucking Mad

Want To Know!

smack_13 said:

The problem here is everytime I post a response, no matter if I'm right or wrong, these unruly individuals act like vultures fighting for the last remaining pieces of carcass and turn on me for even being here. Then a thread turns into a bloodbath of sarcasm, cynicism, ridicules and sometimes threats. It is truely unfortunate.
I'm here to stay and exercise my amendment rights, regardless. Good luck to you!
PEACE OUT :cool:

Happy Trails

Trucking Mad said:
The problem here is everytime I post a response, no matter if I'm right or wrong, these unruly individuals act like vultures fighting for the last remaining pieces of carcass and turn on me for even being here. Then a thread turns into a bloodbath of sarcasm, cynicism, ridicules and sometimes threats. It is truely unfortunate.
I'm here to stay and exercise my amendment rights, regardless. Good luck to you!
PEACE OUT :cool:
No, the problem with you on this thread is you offered no legal advice what so ever. There was no "right or wrong" answer that you gave; you only jumped in to give IAAL crap.

Earlier that night, you had posted to a thread telling the poster to turn it into their insurance company, but overlooked that the poster already had turned it in. So you had to edit, no big deal, at least you caught it. Then there was another thread that was strange, so when you came bouncing in here, I thought you were a bit off that night.

If you still have a problem and feel the need to respond, please start your own thread.

Now smack_13 has been asked a question from stephenk, let's leave his thread alone and let him find out what the problem is so he can respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">