• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gjones

What is the name of your state?Texas
I went on LTD in 2001. I was accepted by the LTD carrier stateing monthly
pay benefit. It also said my Health Insurance per month $00.00, and my
Dental Insurance $00.00. I have had this same coverage for almost 5 years.
My premium for this coverage has been $00.00. The letter approveing LTD benefits stated I would receive these benefits until I am 65 years old.

In October 2005 the Company I worked for called me and said they were changeing my insurance because I was not eligable for the Insurance any longer. I told the person that the LTD policy stated I would keep the same
coverage as long as I was disabled or until I reach age 65. I was told they
could change the insurance after 60 days per the insurance SPD, but the SPD also says I would stay on the Insurance as long as I was totally disabled.
The lady then tells me since the Insurance was for people who travel, and
since I was disabled and no longer travel I was not eligable. Another excuse she gave me was that the Insurance was not set up for people on LTD. I told her that since I was on Social Security Disability, I had a letter from a company they hired setting up the insurance for SSDI as my pri**** and company insurance as secondary payer.She just told me she was not going to discuss the matter and that she was sending insurance papers for Insurance selection in the mail. I also found out that by getting back unpaid medical bills that they had terminated my insurance (not denied the claims but
terminated the policy)The Insurance carrier has denied claims back to January 1,2005. I called the company and they told me they had no idea the insurance was cancelled.They also did not send me any insurance papers in the mail. I called back in December and compalined about the insurance being cancelled and told her I never received any insurance papers in the mail and my policy was still terminated.She again stated she would send Insurance papers in the mail for insurance selection.
What can I do to keep the same Insurance I had held for the past 5 years,
I have all the paper working stateing the cost of $00.00 as long as I am totally disabled. I also have the LTD benefits package that states I keep the same coverage until age 65 or until I return to active work for 30 days.
If I make a change, would this not be my request and they would be out of the previous contract.

This has happened 2 times in the past, and the Benefits administrator has
agreed and reinstated the insurance back to the original policy. This is a new
benefits administrator and she says she will not discuss the issue.

What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">