• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX Used Car Dealership Inspection Question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MP3717

What is the name of your state? Texas

Here is the deal. I bought a 2004 used Mazda 3 from a dealership. I bought it on December 8th and the inspection ended in December. I did not think any thing of it until this month came by and I had to get it inspected. I got it done yesterday. Well it did not pass inspection. The window tint was to dark...

SO I go to the used car dealership and they say all they can do is strip the tint. So here is my two questions...

They sold the car with tinted windows and it did not pass inspection due to them being to dark. Can they strip the tint and not replace is???
Do used car dealerships in Texas have to have the car pass inspection before they sell it?

Thanks!

racer72

Can they strip the tint and not replace is???
You want them to make the car legal, that is what they are doing.

Do used car dealerships in Texas have to have the car pass inspection before they sell it?
Nope. It is up to the buyer to insure the vehicle is legal before purchasing it.

MP3717

racer72 said:
You want them to make the car legal, that is what they are doing.
But it is at the cost of losing on of the items they sold the car on. Tinted Windows.... does that matter???

teflon_jones

Do you have a signed contract stating the vehicle will pass inspection in the condition it was in when it left their lot?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">