• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

caught again - how much trouble am i in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brighteyes00

I was arrested in September of 1998 in Monrovia, Ca for possession of a controlled substance. I had to enroll in a drug diversion class and recieved 3 years summary probation. As long as I completed drug diversion the felony would be dismissed. Unfortunately, I was stopped in Glendora, Ca 2 weeks ago and I now have 3 new charges. ---
under the influence of a cont. substance, driving under the influence of a cont. substance, and driving w/ out a license. ( I only have a permit and both friends w/ me have suspended licenses)

I know I have violated my probation, but I have no clue how much trouble I'm in. I've only completed half my diversion. I have a bunch of questions.
Should I keep going to my diversion classes ( i can get 6 more completed before court) or would I be wasting $25 a week?Am I definately going to jail? how long could I be looking at? do I have any options?
I've heard everything from I'll be assigned community service w/ cal-trans to I'm looking at 16 months, depending on which friend I ask.
And if I do manage to stay out of jail for this new case, what's going to happen when I go to my progress report for my 1st case?

Help please!!!!!
Thank You!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your diversion might be revoked and more serious charges will be tacked on (sentences, too).

Get yourself a good criminal defense attorney and see if the diversion could be salvaged.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association in los angeles and ask for lawyer referral.

B

brighteyes00

oh ****

Thank you lawrat.

I think I'm in even more trouble than I thought. I neglected to mention a defense attorney is not possible. I'm stuck with a public defender or nothing at all. I have no money and a lot of debt already thanks to other brilliant things I've done. I know there's almost no chance of me getting out of this w/out serving time, but I'm going to try anyway no matter how futile it is. Is there anything I can try that might help me if I'm lucky?

L

lawrat

As to having no money, look at legal aid to see if they can help you: either they rep you or find a private attorney willing to work pro bono

RICHN909

here

no doubt about it. Your gonna see time. As for how long, thats up to the judge and his discression. He could revoke the entire deal and kiss 18 months good bye

Rushia

no doubt about it. Your gonna see time. As for how long, thats up to the judge and his discression. He could revoke the entire deal and kiss 18 months good bye
This post is 6 years old. Whatever happened to OP is long since over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">