• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i have a case? what do I need to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnlo

I have been looking for an apartment (in New York City) these past few days. I saw an ad in classify in Yahoo.com... for $700 - one bedroom - 650 Square Feet in Brooklyn Heights. I called the number they told me that they are not brokers. and that I need to come down to their office and sign up on their network. It will cost me $155 for a exclusive listing rentals in the New York City Metro area. a fresh list get printed out daily. and I can stop by the office to pick it up. well, i was there past Friday. Now they told me that they can only give me one number to call that is advertised online -- meanwhile I saw a few others that also interested me. But they stated that they can ONLY give me one. So I took the one from Brooklyn Heights. anyway, I called them that Friday evening... no one answer, so I lefted a message...till now, on one return the called. Now this company did gave me a book - listing of apartments that is available for rent in the NYC area.. and that its all exclusive. But when I called... over 50% of the places in this book are not exclusive. I want to bring this to a small claims court... I wants my money back. I feels it is false advertiment and I got ripped off. what can I do?? Do I even have a case??? I do have a friend who went up the office with me... I guess that person can be my witness.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

johnlo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">