• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraudulent bingo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faithnlve

What is the name of your state?Vermont, A complaint is put into the attorney general's office against a bingo which uses one non profit not registered with our state, and two other which are registered and licensed. Plus other gambling laws are being violated by this bingo. This bingo is not registered as a non profit,but as a corporation and has non profit organizations paying them up to 1500.00 a night to rent the hall for their fund raising. The 3 non profits pay a total all together of 30,000 a month for rent from this corporation who in turn hire paid employees to help work it. Now there are only two non profits and this bingo is still running those nights without a non profit organization. My question is since I filed my complaint back in June of this year nothing has been done and gave all the information of this racket to the proper authorities, what further steps can I take to get them closed down? I am told it is a criminal matter from the authority's and there is a file, but still, nothing. Goes to show where your donations go. Thanks

Last edited:

seniorjudge

faithnlve said:
What is the name of your state?Vermont, A complaint is put into the attorney general's office against a bingo which uses one non profit not registered with our state, and two other which are registered and licensed. Plus other gambling laws are being violated by this bingo. This bingo is not registered as a non profit,but as a corporation and has non profit organizations paying them up to 1500.00 a night to rent the hall for their fund raising. The 3 non profits pay a total all together of 30,000 a month for rent from this corporation who in turn hire paid employees to help work it. Now there are only two non profits and this bingo is still running those nights without a non profit organization. My question is since I filed my complaint back in June of this year nothing has been done and gave all the information of this racket to the proper authorities, what further steps can I take to get them closed down? I am told it is a criminal matter from the authority's and there is a file, but still, nothing. Goes to show where your donations go. Thanks
Q: My question is since I filed my complaint back in June of this year nothing has been done and gave all the information of this racket to the proper authorities, what further steps can I take to get them closed down?

A: Sounds like you have done all you can do legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">