• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial Dumping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickman5

Ok I live in the state of Georgia and recently my father gave me the chore of getting rid of 6 full bags of leaves. So I go to the local recycling center in the city and was informed that I was not in the Snellville city limits, even though my address is in Snellville. So not knowing what to do next, and rushed on time, I just drove to the back of a business and left them right next to the dumpster. On the way out someone caught my tag and I will be fined $288. Being the college student that I am, this is a pretty hefty fine for me. Does anyone think I have any kind of argument, or at least someway I can get the fine lowered??

seniorjudge

rickman5 said:
Ok I live in the state of Georgia and recently my father gave me the chore of getting rid of 6 full bags of leaves. So I go to the local recycling center in the city and was informed that I was not in the Snellville city limits, even though my address is in Snellville. So not knowing what to do next, and rushed on time, I just drove to the back of a business and left them right next to the dumpster. On the way out someone caught my tag and I will be fined $288. Being the college student that I am, this is a pretty hefty fine for me. Does anyone think I have any kind of argument, or at least someway I can get the fine lowered??
Q: Does anyone think I have any kind of argument, or at least someway I can get the fine lowered?

A: You admit what you did so I don't know of any argument; so, beg and plead for a lower fine; maybe some community service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">