• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drastic Salary Reduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

R Bagdasarian

With over a decade of experience in the quality assurance arena, I relocated to a new city by buying a home. I accepted a job with a growing, apparently prosperous company with a set yearly salary. After one month, I was moved into a different department and given different responsibilities. I asked for a "signed" agreement that contains the new salary ($3000/year less than the original), over time allowance, vacation time, and review time. It was signed by the necessary people. One month later at my sixty day review, I was told I was doing a wonderful job and that I was well liked but, due to budget cut backs in quality, I would be making $10,000/year less starting the following Monday (today). This brings the total reduction in salary to $13,000/year and not a dollar of it was blamed on my lack of performance, etc. Is this legal? Is there anything I can do? This company is prosperous...they have broken ground for a facility massively larger than the existing one. They have wonderful benefits and I really like my manager in quality. Help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">