• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over turn or setting aside a felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkrdc

What is the name of your state? California

My friend lives in Florida, in her younger years she was convicted of a felony, writing bad checks. She was diagnosed with Bi Polar Disorder since then and is now on medication for the disorder and has not been in trouble since she has been on medication. Is it possible to have the conviction set aside or otherwise over turned (I don't know if this is the right term to use) My friend has a degree in Psycology and want to use it but cannot due to this conviction, is there some way to undo this mess?

Thank you
mkrdc

reyn562

No Stone Unturned

If you have been adjudicated guilty of a felony, it will always be with you, no matter what. However, if you don't get into trouble for at least ten years -- no felonies, no misdemeanors, not even a traffic offense-- you can apply for a full pardon, meaning you become NO LONGER a convicted felon. But this is not easy: the Governor has to sign such pardon, and believe me-- Jeb Bush is very conservative in giving out pardons!

However, if you move out of state, unless you are a registered sex offender/predator, and the crimes you are convicted in one state are actually misdemenors in other states-- provided you don't get into any trouble-- then you can vote, hold public office, or anything except own a gun, in the new state.

By the way, have you heard about the movie about a midnight train that picks up manic/depressives and takes them to the North Pole? It's called the Bipolar Express.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">