• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lukek

Illinois -

I reside in the state of Illinois and I was wondering how I would file my earnings from internet programs....Ive made a significant amount of money in various online programs and just wanted to know how to report it. Can I just report it as regular income or will there be questions asked? The company is based in North Carolina but they do not submit individual W2s as they only report their earnings...

Last edited:

abezon

What programs? Is this a business? If so, you need to file Sch.C & pay income & employment taxes on your net profit.

lukek

Just want to add.... I have a primary job that I work at and pay taxes... this is not a job nor a business....basically I give the company/program my cash, and they have me surf 12 websites everyday for a certain amount of days and than they pay me out money.... I dont really do anything for it... so can I just claim it as income?

LdiJ

lukek said:
Just want to add.... I have a primary job that I work at and pay taxes... this is not a job nor a business....basically I give the company/program my cash, and they have me surf 12 websites everyday for a certain amount of days and than they pay me out money.... I dont really do anything for it... so can I just claim it as income?
No, its self employment income. You are performing a service in exchange for the cash (surfing the websites). Therefore you still have to file a schedule C and pay the appropriate taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">