• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wiseclock

What is the name of your state? St Louis, mo

In regaurds to my case I am in need of Court Transcripts from my case that went through the Clayton court system.. I was told that it would cost $3.00 per page with money order made out in the name of the court reporter that would prepare them for me. After I paid for the ten pages and got home I noticed that there were questions asked by my laywer to the person in the witness seat. The answer's to my lawyers question were missing with only a double line where the answer should be... Is this legal to remove answers and statments from a paid for transcript.

Also I have many of the court transcripts I bought a few years ago these had 100 lines of questions and answers per page.
The court transcripts I got yesterday have much larger print and only 25 lines of questions and answers per page. Thats 75% less per page I got a few years ago. Is that the norm now or are they tring to make 4 times as much?

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

wiseclock said:
What is the name of your state? St Louis, mo

In regaurds to my case I am in need of Court Transcripts from my case that went through the Clayton court system.. I was told that it would cost $3.00 per page with money order made out in the name of the court reporter that would prepare them for me. After I paid for the ten pages and got home I noticed that there were questions asked by my laywer to the person in the witness seat. The answer's to my lawyers question were missing with only a double line where the answer should be... Is this legal to remove answers and statments from a paid for transcript.
Hell yeah! The blanks mean you can just write in whatever you want. Make it something "spicy"! :p

Actually, the blanks usually mean that it was something the court reporter didn't hear (sometimes they are nice and put (unintelligible), but usually its blanks). There is usually a process to fill in the blanks, (we call it "settling a transcript" here, I don't know if the same term is used by you). But it involves typing the changes, serving them on the opposing party to see if they object, then getting the judge to sign off on it if they do not. (And if they do, you get a hearing to fight it out). I don't know how necessary the missing info is, but it's collateral to the main issue, you may just want to let it slide.

Also I have many of the court transcripts I bought a few years ago these had 100 lines of questions and answers per page. The court transcripts I got yesterday have much larger print and only 25 lines of questions and answers per page. Thats 75% less per page I got a few years ago. Is that the norm now or are they tring to make 4 times as much?
What do you think? Court reporters need to eat too! In a few more years, they'll be down to one word per page. And if I told you about the voice-recognition software they use and how little actual work goes into "court reporting" compared to yesteryear, you'd really crap your pants.
:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">