• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on "Direct Deposit Date" for refunds......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bella

What is the name of your state? WI

I know that the IRS doesn't guarantee the exact date that the refund will be credited to bank accounts, but when they say that the "direct deposit will be sent on Jan 27", does that mean that the money will be released on that day or that is the date that the money can be expected? I can't remember how it worked last year.

If you remember from previous years or if you "just plain know the answer", I would appreciate your info.

Bella

Thanks for your answers....another question on this topic.....

I filed through H & R Block online and chose to have the fees taken directly out of my refund. So, my refund gets "direct deposited" into an account, the fee is taken out, and then that bank "direct deposit" the rest into my bank account. Do you know if this will delay me getting the refund? I checked online....irs.gov and it says that I should receive by refund by the 31st....they'll deposit this coming Friday. I'm just wondering if it might be later since they're going to be taking the fees out**************

I know this is a really stupid question (just part of my charm :rolleyes: ) compared to all the other tax questions. At least it's an easy one and I'm not asking you to solve my criminal tax issues....or ask if the IRS will maybe not realize that I haven't paid taxes in the last 83 years.....I get a kick out of those questions.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any info.....

Bella

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">