• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation and being set up in a private post

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tja

What is the name of your state? Texas
I was convicted of a dwi the third dwi, I am also an officer of the American Legion and have to go to meetings as part of my job, when I was convicted of the second dwi I was told that I had to quit my job if I wanted to stay out of jail, I was working in the kitchen as the manager at the legion hall in the bingo section, so I quit that was what the attorney had said and the district attorney said. Now I am a felony dwi and I was in the legion in the canteen area and the bartender who does not like the fact that the male I am with is her friend for many years and doesn't want us together, I have been a member of this post since 1992 and have been and is still a District Officer. Any way she called the probation officer and turned me in being the only way her and some others could get me out of the post. The House committee chairman got my probation papers and started showing them all around at the local post and clubs telling them not to let me into the places. The VFW and the American Legion are private clubs for the Veterans which I am and are not for the public if you are not a member or signed in by a member you are not elligable for that establishment. I am now looking at 6 months in prison because she called the probation and reported me being in the
establishment, and there are several persons on probation in this place, but I was singled out. The bartender and 2 other people told the officers that I
come in and get drunk and belligerent and harrass the bartenders and the members. They only have 3 persons they can call into court. Grante I should not have been in the canteen area but I was not drinking and the officer said she saw me at the bar which I was but she saw nothing in front of me. Now she said that I am not allowed on the primeses or she will walk a a warrent on me and I will go to jail I have tried to talk to the probation officer and she yelled at me telling me that I have lied to her from day one which is not true and that I am an alcoholic and I was lying to her when I was doing my outpatience classes, which is not true. I am the only female legionaire in the post and have had to battle these guys for a long time just to get a sayso, and I am wondering since this was a setup if there is something I can do to keep from going to prison, I pay my court and probation and do my community service, and am up to date on everything and have not been driving i was just in the post, Help me Tj

HomeGuru

tja said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I was convicted of a dwi the third dwi, I am also an officer of the American Legion and have to go to meetings as part of my job, when I was convicted of the second dwi I was told that I had to quit my job if I wanted to stay out of jail, I was working in the kitchen as the manager at the legion hall in the bingo section, so I quit that was what the attorney had said and the district attorney said. Now I am a felony dwi and I was in the legion in the canteen area and the bartender who does not like the fact that the male I am with is her friend for many years and doesn't want us together, I have been a member of this post since 1992 and have been and is still a District Officer. Any way she called the probation officer and turned me in being the only way her and some others could get me out of the post. The House committee chairman got my probation papers and started showing them all around at the local post and clubs telling them not to let me into the places. The VFW and the American Legion are private clubs for the Veterans which I am and are not for the public if you are not a member or signed in by a member you are not elligable for that establishment. I am now looking at 6 months in prison because she called the probation and reported me being in the
establishment, and there are several persons on probation in this place, but I was singled out. The bartender and 2 other people told the officers that I
come in and get drunk and belligerent and harrass the bartenders and the members. They only have 3 persons they can call into court. Grante I should not have been in the canteen area but I was not drinking and the officer said she saw me at the bar which I was but she saw nothing in front of me. Now she said that I am not allowed on the primeses or she will walk a a warrent on me and I will go to jail I have tried to talk to the probation officer and she yelled at me telling me that I have lied to her from day one which is not true and that I am an alcoholic and I was lying to her when I was doing my outpatience classes, which is not true. I am the only female legionaire in the post and have had to battle these guys for a long time just to get a sayso, and I am wondering since this was a setup if there is something I can do to keep from going to prison, I pay my court and probation and do my community service, and am up to date on everything and have not been driving i was just in the post, Help me Tj

**A: thanks for posting.

weenor

If a condition of your probation on your FELONY DWI was to stay out of the bar....and I would not be surprised if it was.....then you are toast. You see, by number 3 the court figures your a drunk and will often put conditions on the probation with the hope that you will seek help and say out of bars. Drink yourself to death at home after you get out of prison.

rmet4nzkx

You are an alcoholic, you violated your probation, you were not set up.
I suggest if you go to meetings that they be AA meetings.
VFW is a private club & they can exclude you even if you are a member, in this case you are a liability, they cannot aid and abet you in violating your parole. Prison may be the easiest way for you to address your alcoholism.

tja

rmet4nzkx said:
You are an alcoholic, you violated your probation, you were not set up.
I suggest if you go to meetings that they be AA meetings.
VFW is a private club & they can exclude you even if you are a member, in this case you are a liability, they cannot aid and abet you in violating your parole. Prison may be the easiest way for you to address your alcoholism.
Number one I am not an alcoholic I very rarely have any alcohol to drink and if I do it might be one beer and not all of it. I don't care for the taste of alcohol anyway. I may have a drink accasionally. And for your information there are many people on probation and I was singled out due to the fact that the non-member bartender doesn't like me because I question her ability to do her job and being an officer in the post I have that right. I am s soda holic not an alcoholic there is a difference just because you have one drink maybe every year of so and get caught dosen't mean your an alcoholic. I have been to all the classes. I know what they are about.

Just Blue

tja said:
Number one I am not an alcoholic I very rarely have any alcohol to drink and if I do it might be one beer and not all of it. I don't care for the taste of alcohol anyway. I may have a drink accasionally. And for your information there are many people on probation and I was singled out due to the fact that the non-member bartender doesn't like me because I question her ability to do her job and being an officer in the post I have that right. I am s soda holic not an alcoholic there is a difference just because you have one drink maybe every year of so and get caught dosen't mean your an alcoholic. I have been to all the classes. I know what they are about.
You have 3 DUI's....You're doing more than drinking occasionally....

tja

baystategirl said:
You have 3 DUI's....You're doing more than drinking occasionally....
My DUI's are 5 years apart and I don't think that classifies me as an alcoholic and the first time I was not driving I was a passanger in the vechicle and my son was driving due to the fact that I had 2 drinks and didn't want to get behind the wheel. I took the rap for him since he was 15 and no license.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
tja said:
My DUI's are 5 years apart and I don't think that classifies me as an alcoholic and the first time I was not driving I was a passanger in the vechicle and my son was driving due to the fact that I had 2 drinks and didn't want to get behind the wheel. I took the rap for him since he was 15 and no license.
YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC! I dont care if they are five years apart. You put your minor child in harms way because you were DRINKING! Took the rap for him? You need to be a bit more responsible. You are the reason he was in that situation. You were the adult. Because you decided to drink, he had to drive. Good grief.
If you have a felony DUI you are a drunk. I dont care if you drink once a year, you can still be an alcoholic. I dont care if the DUIs are a decade apart. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM! But you may never admit it and end up killing someone.
You were not set up. You were in a bar. You violated your probation. You NEED to start taking responsibility before serious damage is done to an innocent party.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">