• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Client Confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BluJay

Washington

My lawyer was told by the other parties lawyer that his clent had gotten information from my bank and stated what private information they had gotten. When I went to the bank and showed them the letter of admission the bank contacted the lawyer. Other parties lawyer said it was clent confidentiality and he wouldn't say anymore. Bank says nothing they can do if the lawyer won't discuss it.

Why would this be covered by client confidentiality once the lawyer admitted in writing that his client had gotten the information from my bank?

Thanks for any answers anyone might have!!

Last edited:

seniorjudge

BluJay said:
Washington

My lawyer was told by the other parties lawyer that his clent had gotten information from my bank and stated what private information they had gotten. When I went to the bank and showed them the letter of admission the bank contacted the lawyer. Other parties lawyer said it was clent confidentiality and he wouldn't say anymore. Bank says nothing they can do if the lawyer won't discuss it.

Why would this be covered by client confidentiality once the lawyer admitted in writing that his client had gotten the information from my bank?

Thanks for any answers anyone might have!!
Q: Why would this be covered by client confidentiality once the lawyer admitted in writing that his client had gotten the information from my bank?

A: The lawyer can disclose that the info was gotten by his client from the bank, but any further discussion could be stopped by the lawyer's assertion of his client's confidentiality.

BluJay

A: The lawyer can disclose that the info was gotten by his client from the bank, but any further discussion could be stopped by the lawyer's assertion of his client's confidentiality.[/QUOTE]

Q: Thanks for the answer. Do you think the bank had any responsibility to have kept my password protected account secure?

seniorjudge

Q: Thanks for the answer. Do you think the bank had any responsibility to have kept my password protected account secure?

A: Yes.

BluJay

seniorjudge said:
Q: Do you think the bank had any responsibility to have kept my password protected account secure?
A: Yes.
I may turn this matter over to the OCC as I don't know what else to do and this is not the first account this party has breached that I have been made aware of. Do you feel this would be the right action to take or have any other recommendations?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">