• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nevada search warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

winnemuccacaro

A search warrant was issued for me & my residence on a conf. informants information. I was not home at the time the warrant was served, the officers were informed of that fact by my next door neighbors but they proceeded to kick in my door and search my residence anyway. I turned myself in after contacting a bondsman. At arraignment, I was charged with possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia. That was 9/20/99, on 9/28/99 I was given an amended complaint which then made it 3 counts of paraphernalia, 1 count of possession of a cont.sub., and 1 count of a controlled substance for sale. I don't understand that! At my preliminary hearing the judge dismissed it for being an illegal search & seizure. The D.A.
jumped up and objected to the ruling. For some reason they didn't try the paraphernalia charges with the possessions and they can't make a ruling on the paraphernalia until they get a ruling on the states appeal, which leaves me hanging. How long can this go on? In Winnemucca, Nv., they play by their own rules and damn your rights.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Paperwork confusion. Immediately get a lawyer to re-plead illegal seizure and res judicata and go from there. They probably refiled based on some sort of other ability to charge. Did judge originally dismiss with prejudice or without? If with, they can't amend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">