• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Censured Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gibbler

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NM But this occured in IL.

While I am still messing around in court 4 years after my divorce for property settlement SNAFU's, I have a question about my ex's lawyer.
After about two years in these divorce/support issues, I discovered that my ex's lawyer had been censured by the IL Supreme Court for lying on many occasions to a client about the status of his case and the paperwork he said he filed but never did. He was censured for this during some of the time he was representing my ex. I know this lawyer did this many times during my divorce as I constantly checked on things he said he faxed to pension plans(this was during a time when I was representing myself, I am now on my third lawyer as nobody seems to want to deal with this mess and another attorney that gets away with murder) but never did. He has also lied about many other things during all of this, that is costing me a fortune as this lawyer never shows up for court dates(emergency in another county court, yea, 4 times in a row :rolleyes: ).
The other lawyers I have had never want to seem to say anything to the judge about this. I guess they all stick together so as not to be the "tattler". I for one cant believe the judge never says one thing when an attorney doesnt show up 4 times in a row, and just lets this kind of thing continue. It truely does seem to be a good ole boys club in that court.
I have asked the ARDC for papers to investigate my ex's attorney. Since he is not my attorney, do they still look into these matters the same way as if this scam man were my attorney? Can I legally sue him for the money he has cost ME for lying constantly and keeping this thing going on for years by his unethical behavior?
I told my previous attorney about this guy being censured and it didnt seem to make a difference to him in how he dealt with BS situations. I also told my ex, and showed him what I copied off the internet for his attorney and what he had gotten in trouble for. He told me to f*** myself, he would spend his money how he wanted :mad: .
How can a lawyer be found guilty of lying over and over again on a case and still get to continue to practice. If that were me lying to the court I'd be in jail!

HomeGuru

Gibbler said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NM But this occured in IL.

While I am still messing around in court 4 years after my divorce for property settlement SNAFU's, I have a question about my ex's lawyer.
After about two years in these divorce/support issues, I discovered that my ex's lawyer had been censured by the IL Supreme Court for lying on many occasions to a client about the status of his case and the paperwork he said he filed but never did. He was censured for this during some of the time he was representing my ex. I know this lawyer did this many times during my divorce as I constantly checked on things he said he faxed to pension plans(this was during a time when I was representing myself, I am now on my third lawyer as nobody seems to want to deal with this mess and another attorney that gets away with murder) but never did. He has also lied about many other things during all of this, that is costing me a fortune as this lawyer never shows up for court dates(emergency in another county court, yea, 4 times in a row :rolleyes: ).
The other lawyers I have had never want to seem to say anything to the judge about this. I guess they all stick together so as not to be the "tattler". I for one cant believe the judge never says one thing when an attorney doesnt show up 4 times in a row, and just lets this kind of thing continue. It truely does seem to be a good ole boys club in that court.
I have asked the ARDC for papers to investigate my ex's attorney. Since he is not my attorney, do they still look into these matters the same way as if this scam man were my attorney? Can I legally sue him for the money he has cost ME for lying constantly and keeping this thing going on for years by his unethical behavior?
I told my previous attorney about this guy being censured and it didnt seem to make a difference to him in how he dealt with BS situations. I also told my ex, and showed him what I copied off the internet for his attorney and what he had gotten in trouble for. He told me to f*** myself, he would spend his money how he wanted :mad: .
How can a lawyer be found guilty of lying over and over again on a case and still get to continue to practice. If that were me lying to the court I'd be in jail!

**A: yes**************.

seniorjudge

Gibbler said:

If your ex has a crappy lawyer, that should help you.

Gibbler

Yes, one would think it would help me. But since this lawyer is never called on his B.S., he's the one that's making out big time. He keeps getting paid for lying on a consistant basis. Meanwhile, clients are going broke and nothing ever gets resolved. You'd think the judge would do SOMETHING, but no.
One of the biggest telltale signs to me was this: when I was representing myself, and filed a motion in court (again, without my ex's lawyer showing up), the (then) judge asked me to not only send a copy of the motion to the opposing counsel, but to send a copy to my ex also. Never seen that happen before. To me it's pretty obvious that even the judges know this guy doesnt do his work, but still dont want to deal with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">