• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance/pay reductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kittykat

My place of employment is about to lose their insurance plan due to lack of participation. When we were hired we were told that we get paid an extra $1.15 an hour to due one of the following: get ins. with the employer; get ins. on our own; do what we wish with the money. Wednesday we are having a meeting we will be told that the employer is looking at getting some new insurance we are going to be asked to either sign a waiver stating we do not want ins. (this is for those of us who are on spouses ins.) or sign an agreement to take the new ins. My employer is willing to pay 60 percent of the new ins and the rest will be taken from our checks. Those of us who do not take the ins. will be deducted the extra $1.15 an hour.

This is all being done without any information about the new ins. being given to us. This is because they do not have a quote yet. Is any of this legal? How can they make me sign up or deny something that I have no information about. Furthermore, can they legally deduct our salaries if we do not get the new ins?

Can an employer force you to take insurance?

Note: I'm in Kansas
Thanks

Kittykat

[Edited by Kittykat on 12-05-2000 at 12:03 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">