• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination Claim - Attorney accepted on Contingency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JMos

What is the name of your state?PA
Over a year ago, I met with an employment attorney, detailing the facts regarding a gender and age discimination matter at work. He told me that I had a good case, and agreed to represent me on contingency (he will receive 33% of the final judgment or settlement).

After the co. responded to the claim (in writing - including a number of lies that I can prove are such) and after 5 meetings with my attorney and a telephone conference with the PHRC investigator, my attorney NOW says I have a weak case, that I can't expect the settlement that I told him I wanted (when he intially met with me about the matter).

I am angry and very confused. Why would my attorney, after all this time, now say I don't have a case? I get the impression he wants me to accept whatever they offer me - even if it's not close to what I originally stated I want - nor is it reasonable under the cirumstances.

I don't feel confident that my attorney is truly acting properly on my behalf. What should I do? :confused:

HomeGuru

JMos said:
What is the name of your state?PA
Over a year ago, I met with an employment attorney, detailing the facts regarding a gender and age discimination matter at work. He told me that I had a good case, and agreed to represent me on contingency (he will receive 33% of the final judgment or settlement).

After the co. responded to the claim (in writing - including a number of lies that I can prove are such) and after 5 meetings with my attorney and a telephone conference with the PHRC investigator, my attorney NOW says I have a weak case, that I can't expect the settlement that I told him I wanted (when he intially met with me about the matter).

I am angry and very confused. Why would my attorney, after all this time, now say I don't have a case? I get the impression he wants me to accept whatever they offer me - even if it's not close to what I originally stated I want - nor is it reasonable under the cirumstances.

I don't feel confident that my attorney is truly acting properly on my behalf. What should I do? :confused:

**A: obviously what you should do is get a new attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">