• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taxes as eployed and selfemployed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ines06

What is the name of your state? california

I am full time employed and i am starting part time business from my apartment, i will run my business from my home and i would pay all my expenses from my full time employement, what should i claim, or what i can claim as my dependents? Bottom line i want to do my taxes in the end of the year and give to IRS what what i need.:)

LdiJ

ines06 said:

I am full time employed and i am starting part time business from my apartment, i will run my business from my home and i would pay all my expenses from my full time employement, what should i claim, or what i can claim as my dependents? Bottom line i want to do my taxes in the end of the year and give to IRS what what i need.:)
What do dependents have to do with self-employment expenses? I really think that you need to sit down with an accountant and have a talk about running a business. In the meantime, get yourself quickbooks or some other reliable accounting software, and keep accurate records.

HomeGuru

ines06 said:

**A: do yourself a favor and look over 1040 Schedule C. I think you mean expenses rather than dependents.

Snipes5

It is also possible the OP is thinking of withholding allowances, which many people confuse with "dependents".

You know, "I claim two dependents at my job." What they really mean is that they claim two withholding allowances.

Without actual figures, it is impossible for us to figure out how to answer the question.

You will need to consult a tax professional.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">