• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

runtrunt30

I have filed a claim with workers comp over a month ago,i have severe carpel tunnel and my doctor told me i will have to have surgery in both hands and cannot at the present time return to modified work, i have not worked for my previous employer for over a year,my question is i have not yet received a decision from workers compensation regarding my claim however i did receive a post card a few days ago from the administrator engaged by my previous employer which states: Please contact me, upon receipt of this card,regarding the following...>review current status of medical treatment. should i talk to them before i receive a decision from workers compensation? and what and what not information should i give them? or should i talk to a lawyer first? i live in west virginia.

L

LadyBlu

runtrunt30 said:
I have filed a claim with workers comp over a month ago,i have severe carpel tunnel and my doctor told me i will have to have surgery in both hands and cannot at the present time return to modified work, i have not worked for my previous employer for over a year,my question is i have not yet received a decision from workers compensation regarding my claim however i did receive a post card a few days ago from the administrator engaged by my previous employer which states: Please contact me, upon receipt of this card,regarding the following...>review current status of medical treatment. should i talk to them before i receive a decision from workers compensation? and what and what not information should i give them? or should i talk to a lawyer first? i live in west virginia.
My advice,... because the workers comp laws are so complex in each state.. Contact an attorney.. let them deal with the Carrier and Workers Comp.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">