• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court date on 23rd there, but on 26th where he is

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kathy Rankin

What is the name of your state?Calif
My son has an ongoing case in the county we live in. A court date is coming up on the 23rd of this month. He is presently incarcerated in another county for a different case that recently developed. The court date on that one is the 26th. He has filed a 1381 to try to go to the court date here on the 23rd, but the response was that he had to be sentenced in that county first. I was going to try and bail him out by the 23rd and don't know if I'm going to be able to do it. The one county isn't obligated to get him over to the other county's court date? If they issue a warrant, then the bond gets revoked and that's the one I put my house up for (85,000k).

Kathy Rankin

There's an attorney on it

Calif
There's an attorney on it and has been on it for a number of months and we've been granted continuances -my son was supposed to go get therapy then the case was going to be done but he went and got in trouble elsewhere. I'm just afraid the judge is losing his patience with this case.
I've talked to both of the lawyers for both counties and they both say a warrant will be issued. The attorney here says it can be held. She's gotten the judge to hold one before on this case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">