• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Rights Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Spider Spirit

I was resently offered a promotion at my job, it would almost double my pay. There was one condition put on this promotion, I was told that I would have to cut my hair. I am Native American and a member of The Native American Church and it is out of the question for me to cut my hair. I have contacted AIM and they directed me to the ACLU. I contacted them and have had no response from 2 emails over the last 3 weeks. My question is who else can I contact for help in this matter? Spider Spirit

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, this is something that may be covered by the EEOC (equal employment opportunity commission). If not, and the ACLU isn't returning calls, contact an employment labor law attorney in your state who can tell you of applicable state and federal laws.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">