• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bigamy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

ursula

I just found out my husband got married over the weekend. I live in Indiana and he moved to WI. How seriuos is bigamy?
Will it shift things to my favor during the divorce even thouhg IN is a no fault state?
Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Bigamy won't have any relevance to your divorce in Indiana. However, it will have a lot of relevance to his personal freedom in Wisconcin.

Bigamy is a felony, which will entitle him to an all expense paid trip for one to the prison of his choice !

Yes, he'll enjoy a year or more in the luxurious ambiance of steel toilets, "lights out" at 8:00 p.m., guarded rooms (for that extra bit of safety) and three meals a day, including his choice of grits, stale bread, and all the water he can drink! Of course, he'll be sharing a Luxurious Double Bed Suite with good people, like my friend Bubba, who never seems to run out of Petroleum Jelly or KY Jelly.

Yes, all this can be his - - if "the Price is Right" !!

Report him to the authorities in Wisconcin.

IAAL

U

ursula

IAAL Did you use all that elegant wording just to make me feel better? : )

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ursula said:
IAAL Did you use all that elegant wording just to make me feel better? : )

My response:

I wasn't kidding, one bit. Yes, it's true that my words were somewhat "tongue in cheek", but that doesn't discount the fact that Bigamy is a felony, that he will be arrested, and that he will be spending time as a guest of the State of Wisconcin.

Report him to the authorities. No kidding.

IAAL

U

ursula

IAAL- i didn't think you were kidding. I just got a chuckle out of your wording. I sent a copy to my dad so he can appreciate it as well. Now here's something funny. The women he married is the daughter of a Bishop in the Mormon church. The Bishop himself preformed the marriage. I dont think that I will have to be the one to report him. Contrary to popular belief mormons dont take kindly to bigamy. I would like to have been a fly on the wall when her daddy found out he married his daughter off to a married man. I will keep you posted. I know somehow this ,in his eyes, will end up being my fault. Considering that i have become suspicious about his first wifes death I think i'll lay low on this one. Until then I can laugh every time I imagine the fun he'll have with your friend
Bubba. Thanks again. : )

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ursula said:
IAAL- i didn't think you were kidding. I just got a chuckle out of your wording. I sent a copy to my dad so he can appreciate it as well. Now here's something funny. The women he married is the daughter of a Bishop in the Mormon church. The Bishop himself preformed the marriage. I dont think that I will have to be the one to report him. Contrary to popular belief mormons dont take kindly to bigamy. I would like to have been a fly on the wall when her daddy found out he married his daughter off to a married man. I will keep you posted. I know somehow this ,in his eyes, will end up being my fault. Considering that i have become suspicious about his first wifes death I think i'll lay low on this one. Until then I can laugh every time I imagine the fun he'll have with your friend
Bubba. Thanks again. : )
My response:

It's always the woman's fault. The woman could be 1500 miles away, and it's still the woman's fault. Don't you realize that we men have no brains whatsoever, that we can't think and chew gum at the same time, and we're always looking for the "fall guy" - - and it may as well be you?

You are the Devil, and the Devil made him do it.

Get used to it.

IAAL

U

ursula

yeh, thanks. I did know it was my fault but I forgot I was the devil. Im sure i started messing up his life since the day he was born. Dont you know thats what we women live for?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ursula said:
yeh, thanks. I did know it was my fault but I forgot I was the devil. Im sure i started messing up his life since the day he was born. Dont you know thats what we women live for?
My response:

I do love women. Some men can be sniveling little jerks, always looking to blame other people, especially the women in their lives. You were born; ergo, you are at fault for all the crap that happens to him - - including this latest fiasco of his. That's why women mature at an earlier age then men. Of course, that's assuming some men ever mature at all. I sincerely believe that a lack of education, or failing to graduate from the third grade, does have a bearing on matters such as this; however, for the most part, it's the woman. Yeah, that's the ticket !

Go get him. Let me know what happens.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">