• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sueing an ex for pain & suffering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freedom54

I was involved in a 13 year nightmare before I left my ex-husband. He ended up with my kids and I was ordered to pay a large amount of child support, because of his lies and the courts inability or lack of interest in seeing through him. His latest stunt is to take me to court for contempt of court for bills agreed to in our divorce that I have not yet paid. He's asking the judge to put me in jail. He is already receiving 50% of my pay and he is after more. He always told me that if I left him he would make me pay. He has done that in more ways than one.

I would like to know if I can personally sue him for the pain and suffering that he has caused me due to the verbal, emotional and physical abuse which occurred? I am tired of being his victim and I want to fight back! I do not have anything reported to the authorities, but I do have a number of witnesses that are willing to do what they have to do to help me.

Thanks,
Michelle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">