• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraing order renewal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luna_gialla11

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire/Massachusetts

I was raped and though I did not want to pursue criminal charges against my rapist, I asked for a restraining order and was granted one. This restraining order will expire soon and I was wondering what the next step might be. I was raped in New Hampshire and received the restraining order from a New Hampshire judge but now live in Massachusetts. Will I have to obtain a new one in New Hampshire or in Massachusetts? I know that judges can extend the restraining order but was not sure if this could be done "indefinitely" or if I would have to go through this process over and over again. I was hoping hat someone could help me with this problem (mainly, the likelihood of getting another, the court I need to go to, and possible options in terms of the length of restraining orders.) Thank you in advance for help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">