• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer owes me final commission check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jediduel72

I recently quit a rental car job in NEVADA, and my employer refuses to pay me the final commission check that I earned while employed there. My current rental car employer says that I should get the money because it is an earned wage. The RAC (rental car company) says that I signed a form stating that I am not entitled this money after leaving if I don't complete the whole month. I don't remember signing any such form, so I sent them a certified letter telling them that I want them to send me a copy of this letter that I supposedly signed and gave them two weeks to do so. They still haven't sent me a copy of this letter and it's been about a month now. I heard that this happened to another employee and she took them to small claims court and won the case against them. The amount is around $1200.00.... I need to know if you think I have a case against them and also, if I do go to court, I don't have any documentation as to this amount because the commission amounts are tabulated in their computer which I do not have access to. I just have my check stubs from my prior commission checks which I can prove an average pay with. Thank you for your time.

L

LadyBlu

You will more likely get a reply to this by someone knowlegable with employee wage disputes if you post this on one of the other employment boards as this is for injured workers.

Try the hiring/firing board..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">