• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright question & threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Firehouse84

I've recently had a photographer contact me saying I am using about 30 of his photos on my website for a rock band. I have asked this individual for proof these are his photos, he has refused saying he doesn't have too. He sent me an email saying I had two weeks to comply or he'd take legal action against me and that that would be his last email to me. Well since then, two weeks ago, I have received at least 15 emails of the same original post, I've had him kicked off his hotmail account for spamming and harrassing me. He has somehow found out were I worked, I'm a State of California employee, called my employer trying to get them to make me comply, threatened my boss saying he'd have the FBI and the news crews sent to my work place and he'd hold my employer responsible too. He has also tied getting me kicked off my web-hosting company, but they aren't threatened easily and told me not to worry about them until the receive a court order. He is now leaving messages on my answering machine saying one way or another he will get me to comply and has threatened me by saying he will come to my home. He has also emailed anyone associated with my website threatening them with legal action. I've basically told him I will do nothing until he proves they are his photos, welcome to the stand-off. Some help?

ALawyer

This has escalated far beyond the normal. His conduct is exceedingly improper and egregious (in part) and may be enough to enable you to sue him

You may consier getting a restraining order against him in light of the threats.

But if they are his photos, or you believe they are, you are "stealing" his property. And thus you'd be liable for damages. If they are not yours, you'd be wise to stop being a fool too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">