• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Warrant has been issued!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Paperdoll2k

This question fits into 2 catagories. My ex hasn't paid child support in almost 8 years our son is soon to be 16. I have been fighting the system for 6 years.I gave him his address,phone number,social security number,dad's address and business location ect. But in 6 years nothing,just waiting(with all that info) and he still lives in the same place and has same phone( he's in Florida) I am in Indiana.Anyway thru my persistence a warrant was issued for his arrest on felony charges and contempt of court twice in June. Well,guess what still nothing?? And I call him monthly to confirm his location and ask him to try to send something. After all these years I remain single.I have devoted my life to my son.Can anyone tell me what else to do? They have never stopped his tax check either,they say they don't guarantee that.It's a bonus if they can?? He has his own business but has put almost everything in other family members names to keep me from getting a lien on his property.I have called the state of Florida and they are rude beyond belief,they told me to mind my own business. And they didn't have to talk to me?? Now what??Please anyone,thank-you.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

What you should have done years ago -- don't handle this on your own. YOu need to get a family law attorney to bring him to court and then have a judgment collected against him: garnish wages, taxes, etc.

P

Paperdoll2k

lawrat actually since your fresh at this a new law student of information,you would say hire someone and pay them large amounts of money.But since my information posted didn't give you the first clue that I am working with the state of Indiana,which is higher up then a lawyer and also my grandfather is an attorney,I'm a paralegal,and nothing is being done by the state of Florida. That is my question and concern,since I don't work with their ignorant laws and laziness I was wondering what the heck do I do to get his butt arrested that's all. When a warrant has been issued then it is the state's job to locate individuals and arrest them.And when his address is on the warrant gee you think locating them would be hard??

T

TimC

You are not likely to get any satisfaction from these boards with your current attitude.

If you don't want to work with ignorant laws and laziness, then your legal alternatives are limited.

The State of Indiana is higher up than a lawyer? Huh.

It is not the state's job to arrest someone. If you are sure that a warrant has been issued, and you know exactly where this guy is, then how about calling the police in his locality and saying something to the effect of "I know a guy who has a warrant out for his arrest. He is living at 123 Main Street."

What happened when you filed a suit against him for child support? What does the child support order say? What happens when you go back to court and tell them that he is still not paying support?

You would think that having an attorney in the family and being a paralegal would allow you to have access to this type of information.

P

Paperdoll2k

Obviously no seems to pay much attention,I have done all the steps,correctly. And yes the state over rules the lawyer. I have spoke with the State of Florida and the county he is in,and the sherriff's department and his local police. Anything else? They say it's not my problem to worry about his arrest,and/or they are so backed up with warrants it is unsure how long it will be. I also contacted my senator,congressman,mayor and this list goes on. I just wish someone would be more serious about this matter. I was told since I'm not on or have ever been on welfare I'm not a needy case,so I go to the back burner. And if I make more money then him my case is unworthy. But he works under the table most of the time,to prove anything is not easy. Like I said he has put his business,houses and truck in other family members names in order to not get a lien judgment on his property.He works for himself so no one can garnish his wages. And I honestly believe he is not filing his taxes either. We have tried all of these options.I'm very upset with our system,how can this be? And he can screw me even after the divorce? And I gave him it all. I walked away with the clothes on my back and my son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">