• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud Identity theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elephanthead

What is the name of your state? Florida
hi. I'm new here. This event happened in Florida. I lived in an old delapidated home in the middle of

nowhere (somewhere in FL). the home was well secluded and previously vandalized by kids but I used the

home legally as a temp until my new home was ready. My name was not on the lease- my gf's was. I had

vacated the home and moved to Texas. After leaving, and having been gone from the premises for over 7

days, a detective visited the property while investigating some sort of crime involving a stolen

computer. The landlord let him in the house to snoop around (we no longer lived there and had moved all

of our roperty out- BUT since this was an old and abused home and several previous parties had lived

there, they had left all kinds of business papers, desks, accounts papers & info, in the home so we just

left all that stuff there too. I never really looked into what kind of stuff this actually was but on

the surface it appeared to be a legitimate online business of some sort and tax papers were there so all

looked legit- but mpme of it could have related to the reason i was being visited by this detective.

Since I had lots of my own computers, the landlord told the det. That he had seen "wall-to-wall"

computers in the house- BIG DEAL! (no crime to own pc's) But you know how det's are. The det found my

gf's relatives and since none of them like me and wanted me out of her life, they told the det that I am

the most likely culprit for such a thing. Hey...being clever and a bit ornery do not make me guilty The

det called and starting threatening family relatives that they were gonna' have their child taken away

over the mess so this scared more people into pointing fingers. the family of my gf's family didn't like

me anyway and wanted me out of her life so most likely they said a things incriminate me just to rid me

of relations. The det finally found me by phone and I told him the truth- that he has the wrong person

and I have no idea what he was talking about. I'm still a bit "foggy" on what the hell he wanted but

mainly he claimed somebody at that address fraudulently ordered a computer. He continued badgering me

and trying different det tactics to make me confess to something I didnt do. I told him it's not my

house and I'd never do anything like this. Although I lived there for a while, I've been gone for about

a week and the house was left unlocked (it's really out in the woods and unprotected- doors broke off,

big hole in wall of back of house). He also accused me of ordering stuff online and selling it on

ebay.Personally, I'd never even consider using ebay for any purpose, but I am interested in retail and

was starting a PC repair company and selling my customers software when they needed it. He said "oh

yeah...I spoke to some of your customers in "a dfferent state". This is where i realized he definitely

had his wires crossed since I don't leave the state to do repairs- I only work locally. I told the det

this and finally ended the phone conversation with him demanding that I come back to florida to talk to

him. I told him to forget it, I'm busy and can't afford to come there. One week later I found my name on

the fdle warrants list. A warrant had been issued for my arrest. The only details of the warrant were

"fraudulent activities". He also mentioned the phrase "identity theft" to me on the phone. He is

theorizing to pin a crime on me. What do you think I should do or how should I handle this? if he's

investigating 'computer crime", He is not very informed or trained on the way the internet and computers

work. Don't get me wrong, i'm no angel and have done some messed up things in my life....but this is

something I truly didn't do.
Any help would be appreciated. please don't tel me that it's karma- lol

seniorjudge

elephanthead said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
hi. I'm new here. This event happened in Florida. I lived in an old delapidated home in the middle of

nowhere (somewhere in FL). the home was well secluded and previously vandalized by kids but I used the

home legally as a temp until my new home was ready. My name was not on the lease- my gf's was. I had

vacated the home and moved to Texas. After leaving, and having been gone from the premises for over 7

days, a detective visited the property while investigating some sort of crime involving a stolen

computer. The landlord let him in the house to snoop around (we no longer lived there and had moved all

of our roperty out- BUT since this was an old and abused home and several previous parties had lived

there, they had left all kinds of business papers, desks, accounts papers & info, in the home so we just

left all that stuff there too. I never really looked into what kind of stuff this actually was but on

the surface it appeared to be a legitimate online business of some sort and tax papers were there so all

looked legit- but mpme of it could have related to the reason i was being visited by this detective.

Since I had lots of my own computers, the landlord told the det. That he had seen "wall-to-wall"

computers in the house- BIG DEAL! (no crime to own pc's) But you know how det's are. The det found my

gf's relatives and since none of them like me and wanted me out of her life, they told the det that I am

the most likely culprit for such a thing. Hey...being clever and a bit ornery do not make me guilty The

det called and starting threatening family relatives that they were gonna' have their child taken away

over the mess so this scared more people into pointing fingers. the family of my gf's family didn't like

me anyway and wanted me out of her life so most likely they said a things incriminate me just to rid me

of relations. The det finally found me by phone and I told him the truth- that he has the wrong person

and I have no idea what he was talking about. I'm still a bit "foggy" on what the hell he wanted but

mainly he claimed somebody at that address fraudulently ordered a computer. He continued badgering me

and trying different det tactics to make me confess to something I didnt do. I told him it's not my

house and I'd never do anything like this. Although I lived there for a while, I've been gone for about

a week and the house was left unlocked (it's really out in the woods and unprotected- doors broke off,

big hole in wall of back of house). He also accused me of ordering stuff online and selling it on

ebay.Personally, I'd never even consider using ebay for any purpose, but I am interested in retail and

was starting a PC repair company and selling my customers software when they needed it. He said "oh

yeah...I spoke to some of your customers in "a dfferent state". This is where i realized he definitely

had his wires crossed since I don't leave the state to do repairs- I only work locally. I told the det

this and finally ended the phone conversation with him demanding that I come back to florida to talk to

him. I told him to forget it, I'm busy and can't afford to come there. One week later I found my name on

the fdle warrants list. A warrant had been issued for my arrest. The only details of the warrant were

"fraudulent activities". He also mentioned the phrase "identity theft" to me on the phone. He is

theorizing to pin a crime on me. What do you think I should do or how should I handle this? if he's

investigating 'computer crime", He is not very informed or trained on the way the internet and computers

work. Don't get me wrong, i'm no angel and have done some messed up things in my life....but this is

something I truly didn't do.
Any help would be appreciated. please don't tel me that it's karma- lol

Q: What do you think I should do or how should I handle this?

A: Hire a lawyer.

Q: Any help would be appreciated. please don't tel me that it's karma

A: This is definitely not karma.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">