• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Powerboard allowed a 3rd party to commit fraud on my account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lbmack26

What is the name of your state?Tn

I have recently sold my home and bought a new one. I had called on Dec 7th to request my power be turned off on 21st.We were closing on the 20th but to be safe I requested the 21st. I also request my power be turn on in my new home on 19th. Well I recently went online to see if my new power bill was due and to my suprise it was three times more then then the month prior. Which I thought was surprising considering we were doing our best not to use that much power. Well I called the powerboard and they told me that they kept my service on till the 30th. They said the people that bought our house called them on the 21st and requested the power to stay in our name because we were not going to close till the 30th. This was a flat out lie since we had already closed the day before. The powerboard says there is no way to know how much power was used and that they would pro rate it which they took of 9 days. But I still feel this is unjust because if these people are willing to call up and lie (commit fraud) then I am sure they ran the power up knowing that they were not paying. I have talk to several manager who admitted that they were wrong but that they are trying to be fair to everyone. I then said that this was unacceptable I called the police who came out and said they need it in writing who called in. And they told me to contact a civil attorney against the powerboard. I just need to know if I have a case worth pursuing or is it just a waste of money and time. Thank You, Julie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">