• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Winemaker

What is the name of your state? Missouri.

First saying sorry if this is the wrong area as I just do not know where would fit properly. :confused:

Just a bit history as this forum was so helpful during this time. Followed previous directions and was very pleased for my grandkids.

My son passed away 2 months ago. Got all is pensions and monies in order I thought until I recieved his w-2. I do not know what to do with it or if there is anything I can do? I am sure it will be a refund and not much this I am pretty sure of. I have set all his other money to work for his kids, every little bit for them is 1 cent more. Help on what I do to file/collect or whatever would greatly be appreciated.....

Thank you so much....

Ben

abezon

The estate executor is responsible for filing the decedent's final 1040. Take all the tax info & the last 2 years of returns to a tax pro. S/he will prepare the return. You'll have to include a copy of the court order appointing you the estate administrator & Form 1310.

Winemaker

abezon said:
The estate executor is responsible for filing the decedent's final 1040. Take all the tax info & the last 2 years of returns to a tax pro. S/he will prepare the return. You'll have to include a copy of the court order appointing you the estate administrator & Form 1310.
Missouri;

See that is what I was wondering. I am the benificary of his accounts, NOT a court or by him appointed excutor. The money would only be around 800-1k at the most as he only worked 6 months of the year. So I guess if I have to hire attorney, go to court etc it just is not worth it. Is this correct?

Just thought might be another way to get my grandkids the money rather than the gov just keeping it.

Thanks,

LdiJ

Winemaker said:
Missouri;

See that is what I was wondering. I am the benificary of his accounts, NOT a court or by him appointed excutor. The money would only be around 800-1k at the most as he only worked 6 months of the year. So I guess if I have to hire attorney, go to court etc it just is not worth it. Is this correct?

Just thought might be another way to get my grandkids the money rather than the gov just keeping it.

Thanks,
You don't need an attorney, just a professional tax preparer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">