• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathi2047

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TN

I have phone harrassment charges and protective orders that I have to appear in court for. Basically I have an ex, he has a new woman, he and I have a house, he harrassed me for 7 months, then I have tried to contact him and make arrangements on the house, they have not been kept I left msgs on his phone and his womans and they have turned this matter into I am stalking and harassing them when all I wanted was to get the house taken care of. They are making me look like the bad girl, and I am not. Can I file harrassment charges against him for what he has done? I have filed for Partition on the house so that matter will be settled in the court and I no longer have a reason to see why he is not paying on time. But I feel he deserves to be charged with the harrassment not me??? What can I expect for the charges against me??

Last edited:

seniorjudge

kathi2047 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TN
I have been charged with phone harrassment charges and also have had a protective order slapped against me from ex-boyfriend and his new woman. I lived with this guy for 6 years, we bought a house together in 2004 (both names on mortgage and deed still) I moved out in 05 after several women told me that he was putting the moves on them, I could no longer take it. I tried to go on with my life, although he made it darn near impossible. He wanted to keep the house, I being the kinder person agreed he could have it as long as he paid the mortgage on time until he re-financed and told him I'd give him time to get his finances in order to do so. Well the first 7 mos after I moved out he phoned me all of the time and all hours of the night, he got also called the guy I had been dating over and over again, he came to my house when I was not home and barged in without knocking while my 15 year old son was home with the boyfriend and demanded to talk to him, he sat in front of my house at all hours of the night and on several mornings. He called my minor son's phone and text him questioning where I was and asking who was at our house, and told my minor son to open the door because he wants to come in and hold me. I finally changed my phone # sick of the calls and he came to my house while I was not home once again and told my son he needed to talk to me that it was an emergency and my son being young and not thinking called my new cell phone for the ex and handed the phone over needless to say he looked on the phone got the new number and left and started calling me. Finally one night he came to my house at midnight and saw that my boyfriend was there so I guess he finally decided to leave me alone atleast partially. Well I let all of this harassment go and hoped to remain atleast cordial because of the situation with the house. I wanted to make sure that he got it re-financed or that we sold it before we cut ties. Well needless to say things have gotten really out of control. He has been paying the mortgage about 45 days behind and in Nov and Dec has fallen to 60 days, I tried contacting him to see what was up and in Nov he told me that he borrowed money from his 401k to pay the mortgage current and to pay off some other bills to be in a better position to re-finance. Well he got the 401k did not pay the mortgage and is still behind. I called him and was very upset at the fact he did not keep his word. I left him several messages and basically told him that if he did not pay the mortgage I was going to move back into the house and pay the mortgage up to date and he could go f#@! himself, he claled me back and told me that he was never re-financing and that he would do whatever he wanted and called me a few names and made me more upset so I in return called his new woman and basically bosted about having slept with him in November behind her back and told her that he was no good, well she didn't really care if her man slept with me or not. I guess I wanted him to go through what he put me through all of those months. They took those msgs about me sleeping with her man although I didn't say it so nice and the calls I made to him to a lawyer and filed phone harrassment charges against me and then protective orders, I went to the police station and turned myself in on the phone charges and have court in march, and have court in Feb on the Protective order, they have statements in the protective order stating that I am an alcoholic and drug addict which is an absolute slander to me, they also state they are in fear for their life because I threatened to kill him......which is false, they statei am stalking and harrassing them which I am not. I did leave messages on her phone about f@&#ing her man and I left messages on his phone about the house but not because I am stalking him, I was upset that I was trying to be kind and work with him on the house and he would not act like a grown up. I have hired a lawyer and filed for Partition on the house and I am sure he has been served by now. I know I should have done this in the first place and never even have tried to be nice. But now I look like the bad girl??? What will the outcome likely be on the charges? Can I charge him for all the harrassment that he did to me? He has turned this whole thing around and tried to make it look like I am harrassing him when all I wanted was for him to pay the mortgage on time and re-finance or sell!!!!!

Q: Can I charge him for all the harrassment that he did to me?

A: Yes.

kathi2047

If I do not have recorded msgs can my son and mother be used as witnesses to the harrassment? ?Do I just go to the police department and file the same charges? I was told by a police officer that I could not file since he did, is this true?

Just Blue

kathi2047 said:
If I do not have recorded msgs can my son and mother be used as witnesses to the harrassment? ?Do I just go to the police department and file the same charges? I was told by a police officer that I could not file since he did, is this true?
Hon...Edit your first post..add some parargraphs...you will get more replies... :)

outonbail

kathi2047 said:
You can count on him having your not so pleasant messages on tape, so your mother's testimony will be dwarfed in comparison. Face it, she is biased. You can also count on him having the messages you left on his girlfriends answering machine. How do you explain that those messages were not harassment?
Is your son also the son of your ex, who you want to file charges on? If so, that's a shame. Don't use the boy as a pawn in your petty nonsense against his father.

Filing harassment charges after the fact and after he has filed charges on you, may be seen as further evidence of harassment on your part. If you felt you were being harassed back when he was calling you, that would have been the time to bring charges against him.

Stop contacting him and let your lawyer handle things. Your allowing your emotions to control your actions and this will not help your position in the least.

Just in what you have posted, you sound like a real prize,,,

kathi2047

I actually am a real prize. I am also to nice. This is not the son of my father. I lived with the guy for 6 years and built a house with him. When I decided to leave he wanted to keep the house. Me being the nice person I am I agreed to let him have the house(without giveing me a dime) but he had to re-finance to remove me or sell. After 1 year of him harassing me and not paying our mortgage payments on time and telling me there was nothing I could do, yes I got pretty upset and said some things to him that he truly deserved but he was the one harassing me and then turned me trying to get the house situation resolved into I am a stalker......I just don't think it's fair that he has turned this to make me look like a bad girl,,,,,when I am truly not.

Just Blue

kathi2047 said:
I actually am a real prize. I am also to nice. This is not the son of my father. I lived with the guy for 6 years and built a house with him. When I decided to leave he wanted to keep the house. Me being the nice person I am I agreed to let him have the house(without giveing me a dime) but he had to re-finance to remove me or sell. After 1 year of him harassing me and not paying our mortgage payments on time and telling me there was nothing I could do, yes I got pretty upset and said some things to him that he truly deserved but he was the one harassing me and then turned me trying to get the house situation resolved into I am a stalker......I just don't think it's fair that he has turned this to make me look like a bad girl,,,,,when I am truly not.
You were advised, by BB, on what to do about the house...so go do it! ;)

kathi2047

I have already filed Partition that has been taken care of. What about the charges against me? Should I be worried?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">