• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dumb mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sitoc20

What is the name of your state?pennslylvania

i freakin claimed excempt on my w-4 whatever that means. so i got my w2 today and had 0.00 federal withheld but i swore that they were takin federal out my check. is there anything i can do or is it to late

seniorjudge

Q: i freakin claimed excempt on my w-4 whatever that means. so i got my w2 today and had 0.00 federal withheld but i swore that they were takin federal out my check. is there anything i can do or is it to late

A: No; 2005 is history.

justalayman

sitoc20 said:
What is the name of your state?pennslylvania

i freakin claimed excempt on my w-4 whatever that means. so i got my w2 today and had 0.00 federal withheld but i swore that they were takin federal out my check. is there anything i can do or is it to late
Well if you swear they took out Fed taxes then everything wil be alright. (BTW that was sarcasm)

Are you that young? Look at your paystubs to see if they took out taxes. If they did, get your employer to issue a corrected W-2. If they didn't, plan on paying those taxes and maybe a penalty for not paying any taxes during the year.

Also correct your current witholding status with your current employer.

BTW exempt means that for whatever reason you will not owe any taxes for the income earned that that w-4 concerns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">