• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Puppy suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craigcody

I live in Utah.
I spoke with my Vet about a puppy that I was concidering buying that I was told had just been treated for mites but was all gone.
There are different kinds of mites, The bad ones being of a genetic nature. This woman who sold him to me assured me it was not the bad kind of mites. and that the puppy was being sold AS IS but with the understanding it did not have the genetic issue, That was crusial since I was going to use him at a future date for breeding to my female, We did no contract. only verbal.
She assured me he had been to the Vet.
As soon as I picked the puppy up I took him directley to me Vet.
You guessed, It was the bad kind of genetic nature, I tried calling her but there was no answer, I went to my bank and stopped payment on my check.
She said she would take the dog back and only allow me a credit for another purchase but I would need to pay her $100.00 for the inconvience and the fee her bank would charge me.
She will not provide me with Her Vets findings.
I have spent over $200.00 on this dog in less than 1 week to treat his problems.
She is now going to sue me, She had said he was free of the condition we discussed in fromt of 2 of my fireinds but now says he was sold AS IS ans AS IS means AS IS.
I saved her Ad from the puppyfind.com site saying he had a skinn infection but the infection is gone, It was not gone and I am still paying for it.
Any advice would be greatley appreciated, I am losing sleep over the stress.

Just Blue

Too funny...this is the 2nd post today about dogs in the LEMON LAW forum :) ...Post this in Consumer Contracts, and then delete this thread....don't want to double post... ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">