• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shineonme

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA
I've been charged with a cc 4906(b)(1)[title 18, PA Crime Code] 1count M3
there are extenuating circumstances
I did what i thought was the right thing to protect myself and family, what the police think is the truth needs to remain that way.
Regardless what happens to me I can't go on the stand because then i would have to tell the truth and i can't do that,
how do i keep from being put on the stand?

HomeGuru

shineonme said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA
I've been charged with a cc 4906(b)(1)[title 18, PA Crime Code] 1count M3
there are extenuating circumstances
I did what i thought was the right thing to protect myself and family, what the police think is the truth needs to remain that way.
Regardless what happens to me I can't go on the stand because then i would have to tell the truth and i can't do that,
how do i keep from being put on the stand?

**A: well, you could move to Canada.

garrula lingua

Huh ?

A criminal defendant can't be called to the stand by the Prosecutor (It would sure make a Prosecutor's job easier !).

Your attorney can call you (but you would have participated in that decision).

Just sit there at defendant counsel table & listen to the People prove up the case - they have to prove each element, beyond a reasonable doubt.... maybe they'll screw up....

Your best bet is to try for a plea bargain (an offer from the Prosecutor) to resolve the case.
Or, ask your atty if you can plead 'open' to the Judge (ask the Judge for his 'indicated' sentence before pleading/setting case for trial).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">