• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LdiJ??? a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?NH
I received in the mail the following from the IRS. It says on the side that it is Form 1099
Than there is a four square box. Top says Statement for receipients of Interest Income
Calendar Year 2005
Recipient Identification number my social security number
TOtal Interest Paid or Credited $44.42

Than the only explanation is a paragraph:

"This information is being furnished to the appropriate dept of Internal Rev. Svs. The amount of interest paid or credited to you in the calendar year shown is on an overpayment for more than one year, or more than one kind of tax. It may have been paid with your tax refund or by separate check; or part or all may have been applied against other taxes you owed. If you are required to file a tax return, report this interest as income on your return."

My questions: What is this form?

Where on the 1040 do I claim this as income?

seniorjudge

yecatskimball said:
What is the name of your state?NH
I received in the mail the following from the IRS. It says on the side that it is Form 1099
Than there is a four square box. Top says Statement for receipients of Interest Income
Calendar Year 2005
Recipient Identification number my social security number
TOtal Interest Paid or Credited $44.42

Than the only explanation is a paragraph:

"This information is being furnished to the appropriate dept of Internal Rev. Svs. The amount of interest paid or credited to you in the calendar year shown is on an overpayment for more than one year, or more than one kind of tax. It may have been paid with your tax refund or by separate check; or part or all may have been applied against other taxes you owed. If you are required to file a tax return, report this interest as income on your return."

My questions: What is this form?

Where on the 1040 do I claim this as income?

You did some work (or otherwise generated income) for someone.

There's a name on it...look more closely.

Thank you for your response.

In the top left hand it has the return address on it IRS Andover MA.

I did work for a temp service last year for a temp to hire position. That temp service was then replaced by another one...could this be from that?

There is no other name on the form. Just IRS Andover MA. (well mine too)

ShyCat

Did you have an IRS refund last year that was received late? If the IRS paid you interest on a late refund, they'll send you a 1099-INT to report the amount that was added to your refund as interest. You'll need to include that amount on Form 1040 line 8a, Taxable Interest.

Thanks!!!

Thanks Shycat...I never even noticed the added amount on my return..(Just looked) Between paying the accountant...lol

Thank you..now it makes sense!

:D

seniorjudge

yecatskimball said:
Thanks Shycat...I never even noticed the added amount on my return..(Just looked) Between paying the accountant...lol

Thank you..now it makes sense!

:D
Another mystery solved and another satisfied customer on FA!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">