• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband not paying bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nostrength

My husband has stopped financially providing for our family. Our bills are overdue and he simply doesn't care. I work full time but it doesn't cover everything. What legal recourse do I have.

S

Snoopy

nostrength said:
My husband has stopped financially providing for our family. Our bills are overdue and he simply doesn't care. I work full time but it doesn't cover everything. What legal recourse do I have.
Does he has life insurance?

N

nostrength

Yes, and 401K and some stocks. How can this help?

[Edited by nostrength on 12-06-2000 at 02:12 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nostrength said:
My response:

Do you see that writing in RED up there? Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Also, your post was a little too "thread bare". Would you care to give us more details? For example, what is the current state of your marriage; e.g., are you both physically separated, or is he just sitting there like a couch potato in the house? Is he working?

Are you in the process of divorce?

Just tell us as much as you can about what's going on, and how long it's been going on, and why you believe this is happening.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">