• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wood smoke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdc

Looking for a means to stop neighbors on each side of me from burning wood fires. The smoke and chimney discharge is toxic as hell and they don't care. They are totally irresponsible and think its funny. The state is useless, won't enforce the law unless they can do so 9-5, Monday-Friday, from their desk. Crime doesn't happen except during business hours, you know. So looking for precedent and a pattern to follow for litigation action. I'd like to sue the shi_ out of both of them and destroy the both of them permanantly. Cigarettes are totally taboo, but wood burning is okay. How does that compute? Any advice or suggestions on where to look? How about where I might find some assistance? Surely I'm not the only person to notice this problem.:(

HomeGuru

lawdc said:
Looking for a means to stop neighbors on each side of me from burning wood fires. The smoke and chimney discharge is toxic as hell and they don't care. They are totally irresponsible and think its funny. The state is useless, won't enforce the law unless they can do so 9-5, Monday-Friday, from their desk. Crime doesn't happen except during business hours, you know. So looking for precedent and a pattern to follow for litigation action. I'd like to sue the shi_ out of both of them and destroy the both of them permanantly. Cigarettes are totally taboo, but wood burning is okay. How does that compute? Any advice or suggestions on where to look? How about where I might find some assistance? Surely I'm not the only person to notice this problem.:(

**A: here is your solution: move away.

racer72

Most of Puget Sound is in the US. If wood is the only source of heat for the homes, there is nothing you can do. At best hope for clear cold weather which can prompt a burn ban.

JETX

racer72 said:
Most of Puget Sound is in the US.
How do you KNOW the issue is based in Puget Sound??? The simply fact that the OP says that he/she shows that as A location.... doesn't mean that the legal venue is there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">