• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cs513

Garnishment on paid judgement

I had a judgement against me in 1996 and set up a trusteeship through the court at that time. I moved out of the district and the trusteeship was transferred to a new court that was in the district where I moved. I continued to all the monies I needed to pay and in December lf 1998, I paid off the balance due in full. The court send me a copy of the spreadsheet the used, with a zero balance on each including the original creditor. I have now 2 years later had a garnishement for interest and additional court costs. As far as I knew when the court told me I paid in full, it was over and done with...now what could the possibly be charging interest on since the full judgement was paid in full...I have a court date tomorrow 12/7/00. I am taking all that I can with me to have the garnishment released and my money returned to me. How can they do this???? Thanks PS: Court date is in Lakewood, Ohio 44107

[Edited by cs513 on 12-06-2000 at 01:22 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">