• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner protects home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uptheriver

I own a home on the CT River in MA. During a flood this autumn a damaged dock floated down river and was hung up on the edge of property. The dock was cut into 4 sections and sent along its way down river. I am now being threatened with mal damage by local PD.

1. This all occured during a state of emergency. Flood waters rising 1ft an hr.

2. The compainant is unknown to me and does not wish to pursue any criminal charges( he is unaware if the dock caused any damage to my property).smart

3. The local PD is continuing invest with no compainant.

4. I believe maritime law may govern CT river.

Looking for a place to start.
Thank you.

seniorjudge

uptheriver said:
I own a home on the CT River in MA. During a flood this autumn a damaged dock floated down river and was hung up on the edge of property. The dock was cut into 4 sections and sent along its way down river. I am now being threatened with mal damage by local PD.

1. This all occured during a state of emergency. Flood waters rising 1ft an hr.

2. The compainant is unknown to me and does not wish to pursue any criminal charges( he is unaware if the dock caused any damage to my property).smart

3. The local PD is continuing invest with no compainant.

4. I believe maritime law may govern CT river.

Looking for a place to start.
Thank you.

Has anyone filed charges against you?

Necessity and/or justification sound like they may be good defenses if you get charged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">