• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

social security disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pamgwb

A year ago my husband was denied S.S.Disability. Due to his health condition and work restrictions,no one will hire him because he is too much of a liability. Why does he have to be "DEAD or DYING" to prove he is unable to obtain or hold a job,or even physicaly work? We are going down fast on just my income with a family of 5. What are our recources? Please lead me in a direction!!

D

David J. Miller

I would say North is the right direction. If you go North to North East that would be o.k. but definitely not as good as going straight North. Some might argue that South is pretty good but all the good football teams are to the North so once again, I'd say North is better.

P

pamgwb

I'm sorry, what is that supost to mean? I have a serious delima for someone who is only 36 years old and worried about me and my family being added to the list of homeless in the world. There are too many already,no one shoud have to be in that situation,I pray for those who are,I refuse to add 5 more to the numbers. How about some ligitmate advise.

D

David J. Miller

My apologies.

Since I was unable to offer any good avice as your question is probably too complicated for this forum, I offered instead a bit of humor.

I suspect if there is anyone here that can help, they'd probably need a little more info. such as what was the reason you were denied SSDI? Please elaborate on your husbands work restrictions and health condition. Where do you live, city/state?

P

pamgwb

Apologie accepted. I'm not good with humor on serious matters. My husband has had cronic back pain from bone spurs and arthritus, from his neck to his lower back, he has spina biffida occulta in his sacural area, a non treatable condition in his foot that dose not allow him to walk for any length of time, and cronic arm and wrist pain. He has been on prescribed narcotic pain meds. since Aug of 99 just to function enough to get out of bed. Social Security said that there "IS" substancial work out there for him to do. Would YOU hire an employee who must take narcotic drugs to function. Hes tried for a year with no success. We live in Wisconsin. He did heave labor construction work for 20 years prior. No way to call it a workman comp claim, He was self employed for many of those years.

D

David J. Miller

Thanks for accepting my apology. Based on the fact that you live in Wisconsin, my original advice changes to: Move west to Minnesota where all the good football teams are.

Hope someone can provide you with some useable advice. You may even want to consider reposting your question on the family law or employment discrimination site.

[Edited by David J. Miller on 12-08-2000 at 12:50 PM]

P

pebbles3535

You didn't say how many times your husband has applied SS Benefits. I tried for over a year to get disability and was turned 4 times in a year saying that I was capable working. I finally had to go before a Judge to get it.
Most people I have talked to about this had to do the same thing.
No I am not a lawyer just someone who has been thru the same thing.
Keep applying for the disability and you may want to get a letter from the Doctor who is saying that your husband is disabled and why. I done this and it finally went thru.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">