• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claims/arbitration questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shari_B

I am in PA.
I am involved in a small claims dispute (I am the defendant, and am following through by appealing the original decision by the local magistrate) that is going before an arbitration panel next week. I have two questions. 1- Is the plaintiff required to provide me with documentation or proof of the amounts/damages he is claiming prior to the hearing? If so, how do I go about requesting this? I'm not sure if I am permitted to call him or what the protocol is for this. And 2- If I lose the appeal and the judgement goes in his favor, what happens next? What recourse is available to him to collect? Please understand, if I lose I intend to pay, but I won't have all of the money available. I'm hoping I can make some kind of arrangement but am not sure if that would be with him or with the court, how much time I'd have, etc. And friends are telling me alarming stories of the possibility of jail time, sherriffs coming to my residence and tagging my belongings for sale, etc. What is the most likely course of events for something like this?

ps- the amount in question is approximately $1500

Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">