• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old in trouble texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erzabel

state is texas

i have a 17 year old son who is being charge with crimmial mischief in the 1st degree. He was arrested in williamson county and was there for 10 days. He was told that the charges were brought up in travis county so he had to be transfered there .On the 10th day he was transfered to travis county and sat there for 4 hours then was told that he had to go back to williamson county cause that is where the charges are.
I have talked to him about his case . He says that he was interviewed by two investigators from the Austin fire department without a parent present. They told us that they could do that since he got in trouble about a year ago for a family domestic dispute with his mom. But with that case it agreed upon him completing a anger management course and charges would be dropped. He fulfilled that obligation.
How can they question him and get him to sign a paper. They are saying he ammitted to the fire but my son said all he admitted to was being there and lighting a candle which he said he blew out.
here is what was told to me by the fire marshall.
1: fire was started on a treadmill by the candle.
2: they have wittnesses saying they saw him at the complex at 11:30 pm that night. Fire was called in at 2:30am.
3: he said he didn't have to question anyone else cause my son confess to the fire.
My son said he told the fire marshall that he was there between 7pm and 8pm that he was playing with a candle but he had blown the candle out which the friend he was with said the same thing.
My son said that he got the lighter from his friend and gave it back to him and left and that his friend came out of the complex 5 to 10 mintues later.
He also said that he went home wasn't feeling good and took some medication for a headache that his mother gave him and he went to sleep .
This is what his mother said also and his 2 sisters and one of there friends who is in the army visiting there. They said he was asleep by 9pm and never left the house again.
I feel there is something wrong someone not telling me the truth and my son has never lied to me in the past even we did something wrong he would admit it .
I can't afford a attorney and have to rely on a public defender.
I even did test with candles to see what happens when they burn to the bottom, when there at angles and so on . All test prove that the candle would go out and nothing burned .
sorry for being so long but need some advice.

thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">