• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgment & garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
clarahunt said:
I live in St. Louis, MO

I had purchased a car in 1993 and had it for less than a year. The motor went out and the dealer came to pick it up. In January 1999 i had went to court for a judgment I am assuming but it was continued to Feburary 9, 1999. I didnt go to court because I forgot to be honest. I didnt remember going to the first court date but i went to the courts and my signature was on the documents for the continuance. By me not going to court the gave me a default judgment. Nothing has been done to my file since December 1999 and now all of a sudden they are garnishing my check 25%. Is this right? where do I start? I did file a motion to set a side to get it put back in courts and my court date is 3/7/06. I am just trying to get enough information to get this dismissed. thank you in advance for responding....
Why should it be dismissed?
Because you "forgot" to go to court?
Quit wasting people's time and money. Pay what you owe.

clarahunt

Zigner said:
Why should it be dismissed?
Because you "forgot" to go to court?
Quit wasting people's time and money. Pay what you owe.
because for starters it was a lemon and you quit answering questions that your dumb ass dont know the answers to

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
clarahunt said:
because for starters it was a lemon and you quit answering questions that your dumb ass dont know the answers to
If it was a lemon, you would have raised that as an issue at your court hearing...oh yeah, you forgot to go and you forgot to take action on the notice of entry of the default judgement.

You're right, I'm just gonna sit my dumb ass out of this one.

dallas702

Clara;

Do you really think you're going to get out of a judgement that you failed to show up to defend, on a car you bailed on in 1993? What happened between '93 and '99?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">