• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

comp insurance troubles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

injuried_emt

I recently injuried myself while working , and was told by someone that the claim was kicked back by the comp insurance company saying not covered at time of injury . I have been out of work now for 4 weeks without pay and i am in need of medical test to see what the extent of the ijury is . If anyone has any suggestions on what to do i would be grateful.... I am in Missouri

L

LadyBlu

injuried_emt said:
I recently injuried myself while working , and was told by someone that the claim was kicked back by the comp insurance company saying not covered at time of injury . I have been out of work now for 4 weeks without pay and i am in need of medical test to see what the extent of the ijury is . If anyone has any suggestions on what to do i would be grateful.... I am in Missouri
DId it say the Employer was not covered by Workers Comp Insurance at the time you were injured?

Or.. did it say that you were not covered due to not being on the clock (or you were not injured in the course of your employment..)etc.. during the time of injury?

If it is stating the employer had no insurance coverage at the time of injury you have a major lawsuit on your hands. All states require employers to carry Workers Comp Insurance either privately or through the state.

I would see an attorney that specializes in Workers Comp laws immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">