• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil suit for harrasment and violation of privacy.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

merena

I am not sure where to start so I will start from the beggining. I entered into a contract to buy inventory from a lady that had a store at the flea market, actually the store was her sister in laws. I was paying her 300 a week plus I gave her 1365.00 for the initial payment paid before we received the merchandise. When I received the merchandise there was no inventory accompanying it. I asked her to provide me with it. She never did. I have not signed that I received the merchandise only to that I would pay her for it weekly. I told her last week that I would pay her after I receive the inventory and only then. She says that I have no right to it and that she will sue me that she has an attorney. I asked for her attorneys name and number and she said that she would not give it to me. My employee has been paying her the payment weekly that I provided out of the cash drawer. I have been paying cash. She offended my employee by a racial characterization and told her that she could not be a witness because she would have her deported. The whole problem is that she only gave me 5660.00 worth of inventory according to our inventory that was done after we received the merchandise since she failed to provide it to us. She was to have provided us with $9000 worth. Does she have a right to insist on payment without providing me proof of what I am paying for? I call traced her call for the intimidation of a witness and I noted that she refused me access to her attorney when it was requested. I have paid her $7665 total for 5660.
worth of inventory. We are in South Carolina. Since she is playing dirty can I do so also? Can I tell the court I have already paid her and that I denied her the last $300 for lack of an inventory?

ALawyer

There is absoultely no reason for her to give you her attorney's name and she was smart not to -- assuming she actually had an attorney.

You can take her to small claims court. Or see an attorney yourself. And you do not have to lie -- in the end lying only hurts and destroys your own self respect.

M

merena

Could I assume that I have a case on the issue of violation of privacy? I realize that I do not need to lie I was upset about her saying that she did not care what she had to do to "get" me. Should I have to pay with no proof from her that she indeed turned over to me 9000. worth of merchandise? I indeed know that she did not turn it over to me she in fact delivered less than what was agreed and nothing was signed that I received the correct amount in delivery. I could not have signed anything because she did not have the inventory receipt that was requested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">