• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I take Best Buy to small claims court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gisellemalvarez

I live and purchased the computer in New Mexico

I purchased an open box laptop computer from best buy along with the extended service agreement. when the laptop stopped working within 90 days, I returned to best buy along with my reciepts and the geek squad tech determined that the laptop had been abused rendering my warrantee and service agreement void and null. I am adament that i did not abuse the computer. speaking to managers, customer service etc etc, i got no where. Compaq charged me $768 to repair the computer. the computer cost $919 and the exteneded service agreement cost e $129. On January 8th 2006 I wrote a letter, delivered via certified mail, to the CEO of best buy explaining the facts, and sent a more detailed narative of the chain of events, with names of people I spoke to. I also included copies of all my reciept and requested a refund of the $768 i paid to repair the computer at Compaq and the $129 I paid for the extended warrantee. I requested an answer by 1/25/2006. I have not received an answer, although I provided my address, telephone number and e-mail address.

How do i take best buy to small claims court? who do I name and can I suit for 3 times my loss?

divgradcurl

gisellemalvarez said:
How do i take best buy to small claims court?
File a suit in the small claims court in your county.

who do I name
The corporation. You'll want to find out if "Best Buy" is their full corporate name, of a DBA, or if there is a holding company, etc. File against any and all of them.

can I suit for 3 times my loss?
You can, but you won't get it. If you win, you'll get your actual losses, plus court costs if you ask for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">