• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Misdemeanor Jury Trial Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stucathumphreys

Is it required for a Municipal Judge to be a current member of the state bar to reside over a criminal misdemeanor jury trial in Texas?:confused: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :( :eek:

Can the court refuse to record pre-trial and trial hearings upon motion from defendant, even if defendant was willing to pay necessary fees?

Can the Municipal judge hold pre-trial hearings for all 8 motions 30 minutes before jury trial begins?

Can judge deny all motions including:
discovery
continuance
indigence
recording proceedings, etc...total of eight
based on her saying that none of these had any bearing on the one issue of guilt or innocense on speeding alone, and then deny all because she said"I was holding up jury trial ready to begin. the judge never even reviewed the motions, nor did she even look at four of them before trial began.
She stated "Before motions in pretrial began if I had anymore frivolous motions to submitt before she would read or review?"
None of the motions were to delay or frivolous, they were specific in all aspects and well promoted with case and laws.

Is there a stans since the jury panel and jury selected were all caucasian, over 55, wealthy people from that little 300 pop city? (I am caucasian also)?

Can the judge not allow evidence entered in trial nor allow defendant to defend by giving state penal codes which supercedes municipal ordinance code?.

Judge told State Pros. that"this should be a slam dunk!" when they walked into court room, and then there was not only the officer to testify, but a baliff, another officer, and the Chief of Police from another city in which provides the police support for both cities.They were all sitting on both sides besides the judge during trial except baliff who stood diectly beside her during trial. Is this intimidation and what stance hsould I take?

Please inform on these issues, there was much more bias issues and erouneous rulings.

Speedster

seniorjudge

stucathumphreys said:
Is it required for a Municipal Judge to be a current member of the state bar to reside over a criminal misdemeanor jury trial in Texas?:confused: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :( :eek:

Can the court refuse to record pre-trial and trial hearings upon motion from defendant, even if defendant was willing to pay necessary fees?

Can the Municipal judge hold pre-trial hearings for all 8 motions 30 minutes before jury trial begins?

Can judge deny all motions including:
discovery
continuance
indigence
recording proceedings, etc...total of eight
based on her saying that none of these had any bearing on the one issue of guilt or innocense on speeding alone, and then deny all because she said"I was holding up jury trial ready to begin. the judge never even reviewed the motions, nor did she even look at four of them before trial began.
She stated "Before motions in pretrial began if I had anymore frivolous motions to submitt before she would read or review?"
None of the motions were to delay or frivolous, they were specific in all aspects and well promoted with case and laws.

Is there a stans since the jury panel and jury selected were all caucasian, over 55, wealthy people from that little 300 pop city? (I am caucasian also)?

Can the judge not allow evidence entered in trial nor allow defendant to defend by giving state penal codes which supercedes municipal ordinance code?.

Judge told State Pros. that"this should be a slam dunk!" when they walked into court room, and then there was not only the officer to testify, but a baliff, another officer, and the Chief of Police from another city in which provides the police support for both cities.They were all sitting on both sides besides the judge during trial except baliff who stood diectly beside her during trial. Is this intimidation and what stance hsould I take?

Please inform on these issues, there was much more bias issues and erouneous rulings.

Speedster

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/CR/content/htm/cr.001.00.000045.00.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">