• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be charged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

falcon

I met a woman online and knew she was lying to me -the past two years I've managed to get thousands of dollars from her. I told her if she didnt pay my rent and help me out I'd expose her to her family. I got an email from her telling me she was hiring an attorney and pressing charges against me for blackmail. Can she really do that? what kind of penalties does blackmail carry? Should I leave the state?

Litigation!

falcon said:
I met a woman online and knew she was lying to me -the past two years I've managed to get thousands of dollars from her. I told her if she didnt pay my rent and help me out I'd expose her to her family. I got an email from her telling me she was hiring an attorney and pressing charges against me for blackmail. Can she really do that? what kind of penalties does blackmail carry? Should I leave the state?

My response:

Brazil is very sunny this time of year . . .

IAAL

weenor

falcon said:

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">