• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get my property back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anna2786

Residence: GA.
I recently had an agreement (signed by both parties) with a friend stating that I was to receive a camera + $250 for payment of a tornado foosball table. I allowed my friend to take the table and I took the camera as a deposit. He was to pay the $250 within a few weeks. After 2 months I decided I didn't want to sell it anymore. I told him I wanted the table back, he understood. I go back to get the table (about 2 wks later) & he has sold it. What legal rights do I have in getting my table back. He hasn't even paid for it!

Last edited:

anna2786

Does he have the right to sell the table when I gave a verbal statement that I wanted it back. He didn't even own the table how can he sell it as if it were his? Isn't there a law against it?

BL

anna2786 said:
Does he have the right to sell the table when I gave a verbal statement that I wanted it back. He didn't even own the table how can he sell it as if it were his? Isn't there a law against it?
You both signed an agreement .
You let him take the table , and you kept the camera , and contract ( agreement ) for the remaining $$$s owed under the agreement .

It's now a civil matter , and small claims deals with monetary damages .

You only recourse is through civil small claims action .

There is nothing criminal the Law enforcement would be involved in .

Next time you make a deal , keep the merchandise until paid in full .

BL

MARGARET FOX said:
I am a breast cancer patient. On Sept. 6th 2005 I had mastectomy, which means my whole breast was removed. On sept. 26th 2005 I was driving south bound on I-95. At about 11 pm my front tire driver's side came off. I called the Highway Patrol. Then came along a Good Samaritan truck driver who took me to Greensboro where I live. From then on any attempt to locate my car became difficult because in the confusion I lost the written information about the location where the accident happened. On Oct. 30th 2005 I finally got news of my car. It was towed by FRANKFORT TOWING in Baltimore MD. I owed them $925.0. After pleading with Dick Dave the Owner, he accepted $600.0. On Oct. 30th 2005, my Husband went to Baltimore, got clearence from the Transportation Authority, took it to Dick Dave and paid the $600.0 we agreed upon. My Husband left the car in the hands of Dick Dave who promised to fix it in his mechanic shop. 3 days later he called and told us that it would cost $475.0 to fix it. While I was on the phone with him I was already at the post office in the process of sending him my car keys because my Husband forgot them at home when going to Baltimore. One week later Dick dave called and told me he didn't receive the keys. About one week later I called him but I was told that he was on leave for family reasons. So I decided to stop talking to him until, either he call me back, or when I get the money to send to him, whatever comes first. Now knowing that I was on medical leave since April 2005 when I started my Chemo; all the holidays were drawing near and my Husband was re-assigned to a less paying job I had no choice but to wait. However on Feb. 28th 2006, after filing up my tax return I called Dick Dave to tell him I was ready. But to my greatest surprise he told me that he has changed his mind. He told me that because I abandoned the car he sent it back to the storage. Now I have to choose between paying him his storage fee which is $25 per day for 3 months or I let him scrap it. After all my pleadings failed I told him to go ahead and scrap the car but send me the licence tag so I can return it to the DMV and then cancel the insurance on the car. He then asked me to sign and send him the Title first. I refused because it was just 4 days ago that I got this Title from my car Dealer after paying $500.0 thus completing payment on my $5,500.0 car. Right now I'm still on Chemo and I'm on anti-depression pills. I'm very sorry for being too long. PLEASE HELP. Thanks.
Up top of the page where you log into a Title , select post message .
In other words , start your own thread ( post ) . Copy and paste this one into a new thread , then edit and delete this one .
You may get better replies that way because more members will veiw it , plus it's considered highjacking a tread .

JETX

MARGARET FOX said:
I am a breast cancer patient.
And do you think that gives you some kind of special priviledge to hijack someone elses thread?? Delete your post in this thread... and start your own.

JETX

anna2786 said:
Yes. It is HIS table to do with as he pleases. You sold the table... for what is a promise to pay. Now, your only recourse is to sue him for the $250 that you agreed to sell the table for.
And no, you can't get the table back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">